The Company Health, Safety, Environment and Security Management System have been developed to facilitate a proactive approach to managing aviation and general safety risks within the Company. The system is based on the ICAO framework for Safety Management System, but has been expanded to include the principals of Health Assurance, Environmental Protection and Security.
Health, Safety, Environment and Security Policy Statement
Safety is one of our core business functions. We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under a balanced allocation of company resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting national and international standards, while delivering our services. All levels of management and all employees are accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety performance, starting with the managing director.
Our commitment is to:
- * Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources, that will result in a company culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management systems of the company;
- * Clearly define for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the company’s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system; Enforce the management of safety as a primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
- * Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP);
- * Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures;
- * Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- * Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained staff are available to implement safety strategies and processes; Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills;
- * Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets; Continually improve our safety performance through management processes that ensure that relevant safety action is taken and is effective; and Ensure externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety performance standards.
- 1. To achieve Zero Accidents
- 2. No mandatory reportable Incidents
- 3. To achieve Zero preventable injuries
- 4. Further development of the Safety "Culture" within Company
- 5. Establish management ownership & accountability of Safety throughout the company
*"Reducing Risk - Improving Safety - Increasing Efficiency"*